Sunday, June 10, 2007

Time for a Break

With all my travels as of late I've tried to keep a better log here about my "adventures." I don't know it helps or entertains anyone all that much, but for me it's handy to be able to reference it when someone asks for recommendations.

While I've been on the road, I've finally taken that extra few minutes to read a book or two. Right now I'm working on Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain. His show on the Travel Channel, "No Reservations" is a glimpse into how the other half lives. His book on the other hand, is a revelation into what makes someone as interesting as him tick. What on earth would posses a man to willingly sit on a kitchen floor in Alaska and eat raw seal innards? Reading his book elaborates as to why he does it. That doesn't mean I want brave all the culinary oddities and risk my entire digestive tract, but it does explain his rationale and make me want to stick my big toe in the crazy food pond.

It's also making me really look forward to diving into my own kitchen again; I really do miss my own cooking when I travel.

No comments: