Monday, July 17, 2006

Upcoming Destinations

I've got a few upcoming trips and any recommendations of good eats, good roads and just good things to do while I'm there are welcome and highly encouraged.


Some places I'll be visiting soon:

Renaissance Harborplace Hotel - I have been to this hotel a few years ago; it overlooks the harbor in Baltimore, Maryland. Last time I went with a group to the Rusty Scupper for dinner one night. I didn't exactly have what you'd call a broad culinary range of taste at the time, so remembering the food was of low priority. I have heard that Legal Sea Foods is the place to go if you want the ultimate in seafood. I might make it there, but I suspect that if possible we'll pay homage to the place where my pursuit of the perfection of tender beef began, Ruth's Chris Steak House. Unfortunately the timing of this trip doesn't allow for a road trip, so instead of enjoying the scenery up the east coast, I'll be trudging through the Atlanta airport during a delightful four hour layover.



Mount Magazine State Park - Located in western Arkansas, this park has a brand new lodge and cabins, plus it's on one of those roads like what the lovely Highway 9 was supposed to be. I've heard that the area is breathtaking, but I can only stand there saying "Wow, that's a nice view..." for so long and then it's time to go exploring.



Gaylord Opryland Hotel
- When you're presented a map upon arrival at the hotel and you're truly thankful because you know you'll need that map, that qualifies as a ridiculously big hotel. This small city, or rather "hotel," is located in a classic southern city, Nashville, TN. The trip will be a driving trip, but the destination isn't really the hotel; it's the VIP tickets to see Alton Brown, my favorite chef. More to come later...

No comments: